Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back to Plan 'A'

As of now, I don't think I'm going to be continuing my major in Economics. Even though I used to think that planning on going to law school was naive (it's such a crowded field!), I'm just more built for that kind of thing than pursuing a business-related degree, as much as I wish I could. I asked several of my Econ professors why they went into Economics, and I repeatedly heard, "I really enjoyed mathematics..." which unfortunately isn't a strength of mine. I liked Economics because of Thomas Sowell. So, I'll talk to a career adviser and find out the best way for me to go right now.

In other news, I talked to both of my sisters who are in Utah, and they both sound like they are doing well, which makes me very happy. I gave a family home evening lesson about how keeping the commandments brings freedom, which is such an obvious basic thing to me, but when you look around the world, SO many people will say, "Religion restricts my freedoms. It tells me what I can and can't do. I should be free to make my own decisions." Seldom do the same people complain about how traffic laws similarly hinder their "freedom". God gives us commandments because He ultimately knows what will make us happier and freer in the long run, and He loves us. We can choose whether or not to obey, but we cannot choose whether or not to take the consequences of our actions.

And Walmart has Eric working long shifts almost every day of the week, lately by himself. I just read that pavement can get up to 145 degrees Fahrenheit on hot days, and boy has it ever been hot lately! I can't believe they're scheduling him by himself...

Saw "Captain America" earlier this week. Overall, it was a pretty ok movie, but I noticed myself scoffing at many of the parts, because they had a few very predictable characters and plot sequences. It was fun to get to go to the movies though. Finally finished Parley P. Pratt's autobiography, and I can't believe that a life could be so full of so many great and horrible experiences, and he only lived to be 50! (He was murdered on the way back from one of his missions). He was an amazing, amazing man.

--Sannah

No comments:

Post a Comment