Saturday, August 20, 2011

Elderberry Jam

Today was spent from the time I woke up this morning helping my mom sort out the green elderberries from the dark ones, because the green ones have cyanide in them. Laura just said she would like for me to add that she helped as well, which is true. Mom is now jarring the elderberry jelly, and it is delicious. I am very much missing Eric right now, and if it weren't for gas money I'd probably go see him and watch Home Alone with him! I had a nice time at Missouri Botanical Gardens with him and Jon yesterday, even though it was hot. Tomorrow I'm going to be called as Ward Assistant Librarian or something, which will be nice :)

Today's writing prompt: If you won the lottery, what would you do?

I don't gamble, but if I did win the lottery somehow and there wasn't a moral problem with me accepting the money (I don't know if there would be... probably not?), I would pay the tax on it, pay 10% for tithing, pay off my loans for school and use it to pay off school. If there were savings left over, I would put it in an interest-earning account for my later years.

--Sannah

P.S. There's this great book I want to buy called "Our Best Bites: Mormon Moms in the Kitchen". Dad checked it out from the library, and all of the recipes sound tasty and simple! I would love to cook out of America's Test Kitchen Cookbook for everything, but there's something to be said for time savers, especially when it's not very unhealthy and it tastes great! Dad made Brazilian Lemonade (recipe here) today, and it was  very good, and dad said it was as easy as opening a can of limeade to make, believe it or not!

1 comment:

  1. The lemonade was very good! Your writing prompts are making your blogs multidimensional. I like them!

    ReplyDelete