Thursday, July 28, 2011

Lazy days of Summer

Poor Laura. Only three weeks for her until school starts. Oh well, it's much too hot to really plan much of anything anyway; heat indexes well above 100 degrees as far as the forecasters can see! I feel the most sorry for Eric, who has to work close to full-time outside in this insane weather! Poor guy. I have no excuse to complain about the heat.

Here's a list of books I've read this summer, since that's about all I've done besides eat and occasionally swim:

1. Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination

2. Thomas Sowell: A Man of Letters

3. Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America

And right now, Parley P. Pratt's Autobiography. All of the books have been very good and insightful :)

In other news, Josie is now a married woman! Congrats, Josie and Ray :) May your marriage be a happy one, filled with love and laughter! The reception's tomorrow. I think it's so cool that Sarah and Josie's anniversaries will forevermore be one week apart exactly. Until next time,

--Sannah Bailey

UPDATE: I forgot that the first book I read this summer was Bob Bennet's "Leap of Faith: Confronting the Origins of the Book of Mormon".

No comments:

Post a Comment