Friday, February 4, 2011

Two-year anniversary and Banjo

I haven't felt quite as much motivation this past week as I did the week before, but I've still been working ahead in homework and keeping my room clean, so I haven't been losing all of the progress I've made. Missouri has been getting pounded with snow storms, and meanwhile here there's hardly been a flake. I suppose I picked the right year to come to Utah.

On Tuesday Eric and I went to Cheesecake Factory near Salt Lake City to celebrate our two years together. It's amazing when I think about the fact that if I had been busy the day his friend Stephen had invited me to their prom, I would have never met him. It was truly a life-changing night, and I am very blessed. I ended up getting him an iron skillet, some awesome fancy ginger sodas for us to share, and some pepperjack cheese-its for his present :)

Anyway, we dropped off the necklace Eric bought for me last year for its bi-annual cleaning included in the warranty at Jared's, and went to dinner. I got a California Cheesesteak, and Eric got some Mexican dish... it was a LOT of delicious food. Then we had some Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake that we could barely finish. I had a lot of fun getting to enjoy the evening with him. When we picked up the necklace it looked brand new, so I was glad to get that done. I hadn't even noticed the change from when I first got it, but after the cleaning it really looked a lot better.

The rest of the week was basically full of school. Our institute teacher, who's this hilarious nice old guy, was going off at the beginning of class on Thursday about how our generation is crazy to think that holding hands is more intimate than giving a hug. It was funny, because when we were talking about it, Eric pointed out that if someone came up to the teacher after class and gave him a hug, it would just be, "Oh, that's nice." But if someone came up to him after class and just started holding his hand, it would be really, really weird. The class is interesting though, the teacher teaches it like a history course analyzing the Book of Mormon, and he has all of these advanced and well-thought out theories that give me new perspectives, if nothing else. In another entry I might try to go over that more.

Today was a sad day, because Eric's dog Banjo got hit by a car and had to be put to sleep. He was a really nice, friendly dog who LOVED being petted by everyone. He liked everyone a lot, and he was a beautiful dog. It was really upsetting, because Eric's family has rarely had a dog last for longer than three years, and Banjo was such a part of the family Eric was hoping he would get to see him get old. When Eric and I would go on walks near their house, it was fun to just have Banjo running alongside and exploring everything. We talked about the pets we'd grown up with, and their family has had quite their share of dogs not lasting long. I'm glad Banjo is in a better place now.

This evening we treated ourselves by getting French dips at Arby's, delicious ice cream at Cold Stone, and walking around the mall, and playing a round of skee-ball at an arcade. Pretty good evening. We'll be doing LOTS of homework and studying tomorrow, so we got all of the relaxing for the weekend out of the way nice and early. Anyway, very excited for church on Sunday, it'll be a good one, I know it.

--Sannah

No comments:

Post a Comment