Thursday, February 17, 2011

Engagements and Break-ups

One of my best and oldest friends (although in recent years, we haven't been QUITE as close, just because life gets in the way) got engaged. I was extremely excited and shocked all at the same time. I've known Josie for such a long time, have lots of fun, hilarious memories with the girl, and this is one of life's BIGGEST events. Once she's married, things won't ever be quite the same again. It's awesome though, I always knew she'd find a great guy. I really wish her all the best.

Because Eric is considering serving a mission, it'll be at least two and a half years before we get married, so Josie will have been married for a few years by then. The awesome thing is that the Kansas City temple will most likely be completed when he gets back, which is awesome because Kansas City is a place that has special memories for both Eric and I.

Two days ago, my older sister and her boyfriend Matt broke up. It's been a little weird, but I definitely think it's something that'll be good for both of them. I hope that they're headed in the right direction... Eric and I prayed for them a lot that God would lead their relationship to where it was supposed to be. Sarah and I are going to clean out the basement this three-day weekend, and it'll look marvelous.

In other news, the weather has been BEAUTIFUL!!! It was t-shirt and shorts weather for about four days, until noon yesterday when we got a thick, soft blanket of snow. It hasn't been cold, and the snow is really pretty, so I'm perfectly fine with all that.

Eric, his roommate Ted, and I went to the Logan temple today. It was Eric's first time going to any temple, my first time going to the Logan temple (the only other one I've been in is the St. Louis one), and Ted's first time going to do baptisms for the dead at the Logan temple. It was uplifting, and it felt like there wasn't anything else better that I could have been doing.

I think it's a big blessing to know that just because someone didn't have the chance in this life to learn of Christ, there's still a chance for them to learn about Him and his gospel, and to choose whether or not to accept Him, even after they've died. That is a truly inclusive and loving truth that I strive not to take for granted. Eric and I are fortunate to live so close to the  temple, we've made the goal to go every week. (Go here to learn more about baptism for the dead).

In not so good news, my grades so far are as bad as they've been since I've been in school. I've been trying to study a lot all week, and I'm getting burnt out. I'm used to being at the top of my classes (not just cake-walk classes, either), and so it's really unnerving to me when I'm getting such low scores when others around me are getting perfect scores, and I've been studying a lot! We'll see if I have any improvement over the next couple weeks.

Tonight, I'm gonna kick back a little more than usual though, just to take a break from the stress I've felt every day this week. Maybe do a little homework, have a specialty ginger soda and watch the Twilight Zone once Eric gets back from class. (He has late classes). I'm looking forward to it :)

--Sannah

P.S. In sad news, I found out that this kid who I knew from band in high school named Zackery Oliver slipped on some ice and slid in the way of a bus and got ran over. He's in critical condition, and hasn't woken up since the accident. He was always a nice kid from what I could tell, and it must be very hard for his family. Any prayers would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment