Saturday, February 26, 2011

Accounting Test and Excited for Spring Break

I found out it is possible for me to get an A on an Accounting test. I studied hard for over two days, came up with a different test-taking strategy (skip all "Use the following information to answer questions 11-17" until you're done with all of the stand-alone questions... they can really drain the time away), and ended up only missing two questions, which did bump me down to a 92%, but that's an A! Sarah had two tests that day, and she got 100% on her Fluids test, which is awesome. We were talking yesterday about how we had both developed test anxiety since being in college.

In other news, it snowed a TON last night! Eric had taken me to Hastings because I wanted to see if they had "Hercules", and when we got out, the car was completely covered. We were driving back home, and the car was slipping and sliding all over the place, and I was kind of freaking out. Eric was calm, because it was controlled sliding, and it was all under control. Still very scary. We couldn't get up the hill by my house, and so we had to turn around and try the next street over. Although we were driving diagonal the entire block, we somehow made it home safely.

Unfortunately after that, I wasn't in any kind of mood to go out and see The Antics or really do much of anything. Eric had been sitting around for two days reading while I had been studying, and so he did want to do something, but we couldn't decide what there even was to do. At 11:00 PM, we decided we should go sledding on Old Main Hill. We bundled up and walked to campus, and the snow was SO deep! It was up to my knees in places. We went to the quad first, which was so big and flat that it looked like a frozen lake. It was a lot of fun running and jumping all around the new snow, and it was so deep that it was really fun just to fall over and feel how soft it was.

When we walked over to the hill, there were plenty of other college kids there... it sounded a lot like a theme park from all the screaming, yelling and laughing.  But the snow was perfect for going really fast, much better than last time. The only problems were snow getting plowed in my face, and that the air pump didn't work for blowing up the inner tube.  It was a lot of fun, though, a really nice memory.

Spring break is in a week, and I'm happy to say that Eric, Sarah and I have some fun plans. I'll talk about them closer to when they're happening, but let's just say that it's going to be awesome.

--Sannah

No comments:

Post a Comment