Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Grateful to be in Kansas City

Kansas City is an awesome city to live in for many reasons, and I might go into that more in a different post. Today was awesome because many people had the day off from work and school to celebrate the Royal's World Series victory. Eric and I walked from our apartment, which usually is not a plausible idea but traffic was apparently the worst it has ever ever been in Kansas City. Stepping out from our parking lot and seeing different groups of people in blue walking towards downtown was maybe my favorite part of the day. It just seemed so surreal that so many people would be walking from sort of far away, all toward the same place. 

And when we got there, it was very very crowded. I have definitely never seen anything like it in my life. We stood for a while on the lawn in front of the WWI Museum, and then we decided to press forward to Union Station (because standing in the sun while I was super thirsty was making me feel a little sick... and this is November??)

When we got inside Union Station, we first went to all of the vending machines to try to get drinks. "Sold Out" or not working everywhere! So, we waited in line for concessions, and a weird marching band thing went through. Since we hadn't been able to get close enough to see the TV, that was sort of nice, because I enjoy seeing marching bands. The acoustics were very blurred though... That kind of huge room is probably great for choirs, maybe not so much for marching bands though, haha. 

The Royals went through a little walk-way in Union Station, but there were just enough people in front of me that I could only see them a little when Eric lifted me up. We went back outside for the "celebration" and "speech", and I wasn't really sure what the speech would be about. We decided it was time to start walking back home, and as we walked away I could hear "Kansas City is the best city in the world!" (Crowd cheers). "You're the best fans!" (Cheers) "We love you, Kansas City!" (Cheers). 

After a long but cool walk home, passing all of the cars parked in crazy places, we got some water, and then headed to Arthur Bryants for some awesome Barbecue. After that, we checked out Nebraska Furniture Mart where I freaked out because of of the cool new fall and Christmas decorations. 

Very awesome day! It's wonderful to live here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment