Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sad Day

So today was my last day of seeing Eric for two years. It was SO HARD. I've cried four or five times today. He is my closest friend, and I loved sharing experiences and things I learn with him, and I just love him. I know it'll be different for him, but for me it feels like he, who other than Christ's gospel was the center of my life, has just dropped out. Life isn't as vibrant or enjoyable without him to share it with.

Luckily, I was able to talk to Olivia today, who cheered me up a lot with fun stories about Air Force ROTC. I wish I had a place where I belonged like that, though that sounds so hard! I'm still feeling overtones of sadness, though it'll be easier once I've cleaned my room and what-not. I really would like to have a job! Anyway, I have a longish paper to write, but I just miss him so much. It's hard knowing that my phone won't be getting texts or phone calls or anything for an extremely long time. It's hard knowing that I'll be missing two years of experiences with him. I didn't feel a sense of panic like I thought I would, just sadness. I hope so much that he stays safe and well, and that we can both become happy and fulfilled, especially as we rely on Christ more and more. I love Eric.

--Sannah

No comments:

Post a Comment