Sunday, January 23, 2011

First Post

I'm betting that this blog will be pretty unorganized most of the time, but the worst of it will be in the first couple posts. I'm going to talk about memories and things that have happened, as well as my goals and plans for the future. There will probably also be lots of whining about my immediate tasks. For example, this week I have accounting homework and studying, economics, religious studies notes, signing up for an institute class, cleaning my room and finishing an application. Also shopping. I guess it's more about me not forgetting what I have to do than it is about actually complaining, but it's just boring lists. Also, I'm not too worried about having spot-on grammar or being entertaining. I hope as time goes on, my writing will get better. This is kind of a journal but better in some ways, since this takes less time than physically writing, plus my handwriting is awful. Anyway, welcome to the blog.

Today was a good day at church. The talks and lessons were about becoming more Christ-like and developing his attributes, which put me in a good frame of mind for the beginning of the week. I was feeling inspired to do a better job to not waste my time this week. These are what I consider worthwhile uses of time:
Every day, I will...
  • Get up early (I haven't decided how early 'early' is, but I usually sleep in as late as possible)
  • Read at least one chapter of scripture
  • Keep my room clean
  • Go to the Fieldhouse to work out
  • Keep up with my homework and assigned readings
  • Keep track of what I'm spending/how much money I have left
As I get these basics down, I'll add more things to my idea of a good week, but this is a rough list that I'll try out starting tomorrow.
Last night was sad because Eric was sick with some kind of headache/stomachache (food poisoning I think), and couldn't get to sleep for a long time because every time he laid down he felt like he was going to throw up. I sat up with him until until he was feeling ok enough to lay back down. I had been praying that he'd feel better, so I was really glad when he could go back to sleep. In other news, this past week I learned about a company called "Southwestern Company", which recruits college-aged students into going to a random city to sell educational books for $100 apiece as an "internship". I had a problem with that because these days if kids need extra help, they can use FREE resources like the internet, or books at the library. Apparently it's a pretty successful program for some students, but there are a few websites out there that exist to spread "the truth"about the company. Like most "anti" websites, they are full of misspellings and generalizations, but they are still pretty entertaining. Anyway, I have lots of neglected accounting homework, so until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment